Spring 2017 CLD Graduate Research Award
The Center for Landscape Dynamics (http://cld.psu.edu) at The Pennsylvania State University is seeking to support innovative activities by graduate students in the area of landscape dynamics. Thematic areas of interest could include fire-scapes, nutrient-scapes, or other projects that address ecological and/or social aspects of landscape change. Support can be used for fieldwork, spatial analysis, modeling, and/or related activities (travel, conference participation, outreach, analysis costs). All proposals should include a statement of relevance for landscape management at local, regional, or global scales and expected outreach activities. Reference to collaborating partners or agencies, if applicable, is encouraged but not required. Total funding available is $5000, with anticipated awards $500 to $1500 each, although superior proposals at higher levels will be considered. Awardees will present their work to the CLD community and prepare a web-report (with images and/or video) for posting on the CLD website.
Eligibility: Proposals will be accepted from graduate students at Penn State’s colleges and campuses at any stage of their graduate program.
Proposal Requirements (single-spaced, 12 pt font):
- Name, Email Address, Major, Campus, Project Title, Advisor
- Project description (<500 words)
- Application to landscape management issues and anticipation of outreach activity (<250 words)
- Brief letter of support from faculty advisor (emailed separately to email@example.com)
- Name of any collaborating partner(s)/agencies, if applicable.
- Additional letters of support (e.g., outreach partner) will be considered but are not necessary
- Budget and budget justification that includes a brief description of fund expenditures
Timeline: Proposals due by 5pm, Monday February 27th, Awards will be announced by April 3rd. All materials should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include CLD GRADUATE RESEARCH AWARD in the email subject line.
Erica Smithwick, Director, 323 Walker Building, Department of Geography, The Pennsylvania State University, 16802; email@example.com; 814-865-6693